There is a two-year window of eligibility for the Telly competition. Work produced between January 1, 2019 and the entry deadline is eligible.
Please also note that work must be either in the English Language or Subtitled into the English Language to be eligible.
The competition, both The Telly Awards and the People’s Telly Awards, is open to the following types of entries (please see list of Categories for complete listings):
Commercials & Marketing
- Local television commercials (appearing in a single market)
- Regional television commercials (appearing regionally or in multiple markets)
- Cable television commercials (appearing on cable TV locally or regionally)
- Commercial campaigns
- Industrial, promotional, or business videos
- Non-broadcast video or television programs
- Other video productions
- Outdoor & environmental
Series, Shows, and Segments
- Series, shows, or segments created for online distribution (including webseries and episodic content)
- Series, shows, or segments created for television distribution
- Content that is created as a way to promote, and is funded by, a particular brand
- Video that is created for distribution through an online social network
Immersive & Mixed Reality
- Work produced in part or solely in immersive and mixed realities (VR, 360, AR and Interactive Video)
Please Note: Commercials or programs entered must not have appeared on the national feed of one of the five major TV networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, or CW). However, spots appearing on a local network affiliate are eligible. If you are entering non-broadcast film/video productions and non-network TV programs, you may enter the full program, or a 5- to 10-minute clip that is representative of the entire piece.