The 45th Annual Telly Awards is officially open, and we have some big news to share. We’re happy to introduce the Telly community to our new partners and our most diverse Telly Judging Council yet.
This season, we’re pushing the boundaries of what film is and could be by partnering with ReelAbilities, an accessibility focused film festival, and AIFF by RunwayML, the go-to source on Generative AI tools and techniques for creators. We’ll also be featuring work and resources by FWD-Doc and FemmeFatales, two organizations committed to centering diverse narratives and ensuring inclusivity in the entertainment industry. These organizations join our existing partners Stash, NAB, Production Hub, Ghetto Film School, Future of Film, We Are Parable, Video Consortium, SeriesFest, and Green The Bid in helping the Telly Awards highlight and celebrate areas of progress and innovation in the industry. Learn more about all of the 45th Annual Telly Awards official partners here.
All work entered in The Telly Awards is reviewed by the Telly Judging Council, our judging body of over 200 executives from television networks, production companies, global agencies, immersive content studios, and streaming platforms around the world. Each year’s Telly Judging Council is more diverse than the last. For 2023, we welcome jurors who work at the forefront of the creator economy, experiential content, and social impact and whose work is engaging with the changing nature of creativity including representatives from Sphere MSG, Whaler, Adobe, Netflix, Thomson Reuters Foundation and Shutterstock.
“As a new Judging Council member, I’m excited about immersing myself in diverse creative projects and gaining insights into the media and entertainment industry. What excites me the most is discovering exceptional creativity from various genres and perspectives. I’m also eager to contribute to recognizing and celebrating outstanding creative work. Being part of the judging process allows me to honor and promote excellence within the industry, which is both an honor and a privilege.” – Erik Barmack, CEO of AI in Hollywood
“As a new Telly Award Judging Council member, I’m most excited about the opportunity to witness and evaluate the incredible talent and creativity within the industry. I look forward to being part of the process that recognizes outstanding work and contributes to the growth and recognition of exceptional creatives.” – Tamra Simmons, Executive Producer of Surviving R. Kelly
This year’s Telly Awards entrants will have their work reviewed by leading innovators creating work for every screen, including:
- Cristóbal Valenzuela, Co-Founder and CEO, RunwayML
- Aiden Darné, VP, Global Studio Lead, Shutterstock
- Nathalie van Sasse van Ysselt, VP, Design & Creative Services, MSG Sphere Studios
- Farihah Zaman, EP & Director, Brown Girl Doc Mafia
- Becky Owen, Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer, Billion Dollar Boy
- Rick McGuide, CEO and Founder, SubwayCreatures
- Caroline Sears, Digital Video Support Strategist & Product Expert, Adobe
- Jaqlyn Murphy, Managing Director of Brand Purpose, Edelman
- Shawna Shutz, Founder & CEO, MassFX
- Claudia Fischer, Managing Director, Whaler
- Yasir Khan, Editor-in-Chief, Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Tamra Simons – Producer: Growing Up Hip Hop, EP: Surviving R. Kelly
- Malinda Wink – Executive Director, Minderoo Pictures
To learn more about the Telly Awards Judges, check out our Judge Spotlight interview series.